1953 - NORTH EASTERN CAR CLUB INCEPTION
The North Eastern Car Club was the result of two men raising enough interest at a meeting they had called to introduce motor sport to the district, Those two men were Bill Higgins and John Joseph, that meeting was is January of 1953 and by March the club had been formed.
1953 - WANGARATTA AIRSTRIP
Initial race meetings for cars and motorcycles were held around marked out circuits on the Wangaratta Airstrip, this form of racing would continue up until a purpose built circuit was built at Tarrawingee.
1957 - TARRAWINGEE CIRCUIT
The Tarrawingee Circuit opened in 1957 as a 1.25 mile oiled dirt circuit, on the Tarrawingee Recreation Reserve.
The circuit was built and run by the North Eastern Car Club, entirely by volunteers and machinary on loan from the local Fordson tractor dealer.
Over time the track surface was sealed, The venue attracted big crowds and operated successfully, But by 1965 CAMS were demanding major upgrades to the venue, to bring it into line with other near by tracks, such as, Winton and the Hume Weir.
The track did close after its last meeting on the 4th of April 1965, through the clubs inability to fund the upgrades required as well as the lack of volunteers and competition from other tracks.