1932 - CULVER CITY KENNEL CLUB
The Culver City Kennel Club built there 1/5 mile stadium in 1932 for greyhound racing, This continued through until 1934 when the government introduced anti-gambling legislation thus closing the venue.
1945 - CULVER CITY STADIUM
So far there is no evidence that Midget racing was held at Culver City prior to the end of World War 2, But post war was a different story, with the United Racing Association racing at the venue on a regular basis.
Because of the closeness of the venue to many of the movie studios, Culver City was often used in the making of many of the speedway racing movies of the day, Such as the Big Wheel that stared Mickey Rooney.
1940's - CULVER CITY STADIUM
1948 - TROY RUTTMAN - WALKER OFFY
1949 - CULVER CITY STADIUM
By 1949 the track had been expanded to a half mile that incorporated a figuir eight, The figure eight was mainly used for Motor Cycle and Jalopie racing and at time's Midgets.
1950 - CULVER CITY STADIUM ADVERTISMENT
1950 - CULVER CITY STADIUM PROGRAMME SLIDESHOW
(use controls to pause - forward or reverse 8 images)
1954 - CULVER CITY STADIUM
As the novelty of speedway racing Culver City faded so did the crowds and in 1954 this valuable piece of land was on sold to the Douglas Aircraft Company who built there factory on the site.