NEW JERSEY (USA)
Prior to speedway the venue was created as a nineteenth century fairgrounds horse racing track, at the time the track was a 1/2 mile dirt oval.
Motorcycles were first to race on the track in 1911 and the cars first meeting was in 2015.
The venues grandstand was built in 1917 and remained until 2005 when the speedway was demolished.
Auto racing became a highlight of the Flemington Fair each year and stock car racing became the weekly attraction in the area once the lighting was erected in 1955.
In 1966 - 1967 a major track upgrade was made, The race track length was increased to a 5/8th mile banked round rectangular shaped track, nicknamed the square.
The track was paved in 1990 at the end of the racing season.
1961 FLEMINGTON SPEEDWAY
1989 SAMMY SWINDELL - WORLD OF OUTLAWS
1990 FLEMINGTON SPEEDWAY GOES PAVEMENT
After being paved in 1990, Speeds at the speedway increased dramatically, A series of high speed crashes left some drivers with severe injuries, That's when track officials added foam blocks to the walls to lesson the impact of crashes.
The track continuously lost money after being paved and closed on the 8th of November 2002, The venue was sold off to developers and demolished in January of 2005.