1946 MACON SPEEDWAY
Macon Speedway was built in 1946 by Wayne Webb on the site of a brick factory on Macon's West side. It has been in continues operation since its inception. The facilities have undergone many changes over the years, but the tracks size has remained the same since it was built, The track has been stated as both 1/4 mile and 1/5 mile at differant times, it has been touted as "The World's fastest 1/5 mile dirt track" for many years, It was also formerly known as "The Other Brickyard" "Other" being a reference to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's nickname, and "Brickyard" due to the buried bricks rising up to the tracks surface from time to time, Many "famous" drivers on dirt have been to Macon at one time or another.
Bob Sargent teamed up with NASCAR stars Ken Schrader, Kenny Wallace and Tony Stewart as co-owners of Macon Speedway, Many improvements were incorporated into Macon Speedway's infrastructure such as new catch-fencing, upgraded grandstands, new billboards along the back straight and the acquisition of 12 acres of adjacent farmland that was converted into a pit-area for the racers. Those improvements, along with 3 nights of racing.