1950 PITT TOWN AIRSTRIP MOTOR RACING
The Pitt Town airstrip was originally built by the Armed forces because of World war two as a back up for the nearby Richmond Royal Airfield base, The bitumen sealed runway was 5,000 feet in length and 150 foot wide, After the war the airstrip was abandoned.
In 1950 the disused airstrip like many others was turned into a motor racing circuit, but unlike many others that only lived a short life, The one was also used by the Ferodo brake company as a test facility for there brake products as they were involved with motor sport an the Great Bathurst race, The Hardie Ferodo 1000, The track lasted in the 1970's and possible beyond.
2005 PITT TOWN AIRSTRIP MOTOR RACING LOCATION
The disused airstrip is now a gazetted road called Airstrip Road.