1921 - PLANT FIELD
Lost Dirt Tracks facebook feature
Harry Plant, the owner of the Tampa Hotel, built a stadium behind the property designed for multipurpose reasons in 1891.
Originally it was used for mostly baseball games and it had a 1/2 mile track for dirt racing.
Racing for Motorsport first began in 1921 as part of the South Florida Fair that was run there, through the years racing was run mostly around the time the fair was held and some of the biggest names would come to race.
For the most cases, IMCA would santion open wheel racing all the way through to 1970, Racing still continued through to 1980.
The University of Tampa took over the premises and built athletic fields over the top.