1930 CUMBERLAND OVAL PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY
Parramatta's Cumberland Oval Speedway opened on the 6th of Febuary 1930 with motorcycle racing only, the race track was an odd shape oval, 428 yards in length with six turns, varying degrees of banking an a rough bumpy surface, the original width of the track was 18 feet, but when Speedcar racing commenced in the 1940's, the width was increased to thirty feet.
The track closed breifly during the 1958 - 1959 season and it is beleived the speedway closed for good in April of 1959.
3 Speedcar drivers lost there lives at the Cumberland oval, Fred Lynam in 1946, Neil Hair in 1953 and Jack Ferguson who crashed in late 1955 but died in early 1956.
1949 CUMBERLAND OVAL PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY
1953 PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY ADVERTISMENT
1954 ARTHUR TRUDGITT
Arthur will be best remembered for his fully chromed JAP motorcycle, he was concidered a B grade rider at the Sydney Sportsground Speedway, but at many various times held many track records at the Cumberland oval speedway in Parramatta,
In the summer season of 1954 - 1955 he set a one lap flying record of 18 seconds.
1954 PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY ADVERTISMENT
1958 BILL BRYDEN
During the 1958 - 1959 season Bill one of the top riders of the day would set a new 3 lap clutch start record at 52.8 seconds, an average of 17.9 seconds per lap.
2009 CUMBERLAND OVAL PARRAMATTA SPEEDWAY LOCATION
The once speedway track is now a rugby field and home of the Parramatta Eels.