1923 BROOKLANDS SPEEDWAY LTD
Claimed to be the Best Speedway in the Southern Hemisphere by it directors, a 1.5 mile high speed banked track for cars and motorcycles, Work started on the masive project a one mile oval concrete bowl was built but the rest of the venue was never finished, the complex was to be a Speedway, Aerodrome and Sporting Ground. some racing did take place but the venue never was officially opened.
Victor Sutherland who owned the property and Directors of Brooklands Speedway Ltd, AV Turner, J Warwick Brown, Nathan Jacobs, Frank Ireland, Harold T Howard and Gerald J Leydon offered shares for sale at fifty pounds to investers to build the complex.
Unfortunately Sutherlands wife Caroline died and so did his desire to finish the speedway so the track never opened, instead Victors brother in law, George Ellison took up residence and grazed cattle on the speedway site.
2009 BROOKLANDS SPEEDWAY LOCATION
The Cobham Remand Centre now sit at the Southern end of where the speedway was built.