1939 ROSEWOOD RACECOURSE SPEEDWAY
Situated near Ipswich Rosewood Speedway opened on the 6th of August 1939 at the Rosewood Racecourse.
The QMSC joined with the Auto Cycle Union under the high speed alliance, to hold motorcycle and car racing events on the old racecourse, It was reported that Messes H.C.Collett & D Boughan of Ipswich, have been engauged in converting the racecourse into a dirt speedway.
The 3/4mile track was sixty foot wide to comfortably allow for four speedcars to race side by side, The track only ran through 1939 and most likely as many other tracks closed down due to world war two.
1939 - The Courier Mail Newspaper Brisbane Reported
(Editorial and Research John Campbell)