1954 - PALMER SPEEDWAY
Palmer Speedway opened in 1954 as a 1/4 mile dirt oval speedway track. The track ranked very highly within the Modified drivers of the day.
Initially the competitor and spectator numbers were very good, but fell away rather quickly.
After a few attempts to rebuild the tracks following, it was decided to close it down after the 1958 season.