1951 TEMPLESTOWE HILLCLIMB
The Templestowe Hillclimb course was nine hundred and sixty nine meters in length, The Victorian Sporting Car Club planned, built and opened the course in 1951, Initially the road was unsealed for the first years event, but by the second year the Hill Climb section was sealed, but not the return down hill road, this made for some spectacular spectating also.
Norm Beechey and Harry Firth share a pre event joke at Templestowe.
1987 TEMPLESTOWE HILL CLIMB CLOSES
Ninety nine hill climb meetings were held at the Templestowe track between 1951 when it opened and the 6th of December 1987 when it closed.