1870's - HASTINGS FAIRGROUNDS
Hastings Fairgrounds came to be in the 1870's when it decided the County needed a Fairground. The fairgrounds were built and almost everyone became attracted to the yearly festivities
1921 - HASTINGS FAIRGROUNDS
Part of the Hastings Fairgrounds structure when built was a 1/2 mile horse track around the main arena, with grandstands and other structures along with several other amenities that were required.
1926 - HASTINGS FAIRGROUNDS
Motor Racing made its Grand Entrance during the 1926 annual fair. Other festivities such as Stunt driving and Fireworks display complemented the event. This would only last until 1932, Thats when the Fair Board decided to cut the motor racing from its yearly calender.
Lost Dirt Tracks facebook Photo feature
1928 - As you can tell by the crowd that the motor racing on Fair day was popular. Photo: unknown.
1947 - HASTINGS FAIRGROUNDS
In 1947 and after World War 2 motor racing returned to the Fairgrounds, once again as a feature during the annual fair. Midget cars were all the rage by now and these dare devil drivers thrilled the fans, that was up until 1955, thats when the Fair Board once again cut Speedway racing off the program.
1955 - HASTINGS FAIRGROUNDS
In 1955 motor racing was removed off the calander and the fairgrounds went through a major revamp. A replacement track was built at right angles to the old one and was dedicated to horse racing, The Hastings Fairgrounds are currently known as Adams County Fairgrounds.