1816 - GEORGE GATEHOUSE
93 to 101 Albert Road was an original land grant to George Gatehouse in 1816.
1913 - NORTHALL PARK RACETRACK
In 1913 the Northall Park racetrack was built on this site, horse racing events were held at the venue up until 1941, with lighting installed in 1938.
1929 - SPEEDWAY ROYAL
Speedway racing for solo's and sidecar's were held at the Northall Park Showgrounds on the Trotting Track.
During the running of the speedway meetings the venue was referred to as the Speedway Royal.
1st November 1929
1929 - THE MERCURY NEWSPAPER REPORTED
DIRT TRACK RACING AT HOBART
1930 - SPEEDWAY ROYAL PRESS RELEASE
1942 - NORTHALL PARK
The land that had hosted horse and speedway racing was brought by the Tasmanian Government in 1942 for industrial purposes.