1927 - DUBBO SPEEDWAY
The first Speedway at Dubbo appears to be at a track about three miles North of Dubbo near Troy Junction, on the left hand side of Talbragar Creek, The track was built and run by the Dubbo Motorcycle Club for motorcycle racing only.
The club ran the track successfully from 1927 until around 1931, At this point the club applied for an extra acre of land from the Pasture Protection Board in 1930 but were refused, But By then Dubbo Showground was operating.
West Coast Speedway News feature
1928 - DUBBO SHOWGROUND SPEEDWAY
The Dubbo Showgrounds was transformed into a half mile speedway track in 1928 with the predicted closure of the Dubbo Speedway track near Troy Junction, This track was also run by the Dubbo Motorcycle Club, Regular meetings were held up until 1933.
The next mention of Dubbo Speedway was in 1938 when a group of Sydney riders put on a show, There was a proposed speedway demonstration at the venue in 1947 by the Western Motorcycle & Sports Club.
(Editorial John Campbell)
(Photos John Campbell)
We are currently researching reports that Ivan Mauger used the Dubbo Showsground when he toured with his motorcycle racing troop.