1958 JOHN YOUL
John was a regular competitor at the Baskerville circuit that opened in 1958, He also was the owner of a farming property known as Symmons Plains, John leased a paddock on the property to the Light Car Club who built and ran the Symmons Plains International Raceway.
1960 SYMMONS PLAINS RACEWAY
Symmons Plains Raceway opened in 1960 and operated succesfuly even though the Longford and Baskerfield circuits were operating
Since the closure of the Longford circuit in the 1968, Symmons Plains Raceway has been the premier motor racing facility in Tasmania. The circuit is one of the longest serving circuit's of the combined history of the Australian Touring Car Championship and the V8 Super Car Championship series, Since 2005 it has hosted the Tasmania Challenge for V8 Super Cars.