NEW HAMPSHIRE (USA)
1934 - GRANITE STATE PARK SPEEDWAY
Granite State Park Speedway opened in 1934 on the Granite Trotting Park, Harness racing ceased on the one mile track within the fairgrounds in 1933.
Midget racing was all the rage in this period, shortly after opening the track was reduced in size to a 1/5 mile layout.
In 1942 a new 1/2 mile dirt oval was built within the one mile track, with the 1/5 mile track off to the right still remaining, as was the case with all tracks, the World War 2 ban on motor racing caused the track to close.
After the war racing returned in 1946, The 1 mile and the 1/2 mile tracks were closed and the 1/5 mile oval was paved, The name was also changed to Dover Speedway, The speedway continued to operate through until 1961 when it closed.