1891 ASPENDALE RACECOARSE
Aspendale Racecoarse opened on the 14th of April 1891 for the purpose of horse racing, The track situated east of the current railway station was a one mile circuit.
Robert Crooke who established the circuit was also a motoring enthusiast orginised the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria to hold a demonstration at the racecoarse in 1903, this was the clubs first competition event.
1906 ASPENDALE RACECOURSE SPEEDWAY
In 1906 Australia's first comercial motor racing venue was built. only one meeting was ever held at the venue before it fell into a state of neglect Many years later in 1923 a banked circuit was built but this also fell into a state of disuse by 1930.
1928 ARGUS NEWSPAPER REPORTED
19th December 1928
1906 ASPENDALE SPEEDWAY NEWS REPORT
3rd Febuary 1906
The last horse racing event held was on the 29th of July 1931 but motor racing continued until the late forty's, The venue was briefly revived after the depression but was halted again before World War two broke out.
Today the once Horse and Motor racing venue has made way for housing, nothing remains, but a few memories.