1904 - ASCOT RACECOURSE
Ascot Racecourse operated as a half mile horse racing track from 1904 through until 1941,during its life it hosted motor racing events.
The racecourse closed because of World War 2 and was used as a military camp.
The venue did not re-open after the war and was demolished for the expansion of Sydney Airport.
Joseph Hammond would land the first plane at the Racecourse in 1911 by 1920 the area would be know as Mascot Airport.