1928 - NORTH RYDE CIRCUIT
In 1928 the Chatswood Motorcycle Club built a course in the area known as the Commandment Rock Picnic Area of Lane Cove National Park, The North Ryde circuit was an early version of off road speedway.
The first North Ryde meetings were held in May and October of 1928, It was reported that the October meeting attracted 7000 spectators.
The Commandment Rock course closed and another circuit known as the North Ryde Speedway opened.
1929 - NORTH RYDE SPEEDWAY
North Ryde Speedway was built in a natural amphitheatre known as Cox Paddock, A typical meeting comprised of 30 events of ten laps each.
The track closed around 1935, when the golf course development began and the Chatswood club merged with the Willoughby Motor Cycle Club.
1932 - NORTH RYDE MOTORCYCLE CLUB
(re-search: John Campbell)
RAY "BROADSLIDE" TAYLOR
Ray Taylor as a boy moved with his family from Dobbo to the Sydney suburb of West Ryde, where he finished his education.
His first dirt track race meeting was at North Ryde where he won five of the six races entered.
Ray Taylor went on to become an Australian Solo Speedway Champion and a International speedway star of the 1930's and 1940's,
His motorcycle light blue in colour was named "Daisy" after his wife.