1937 SHEPHERDS BUSH SPEEDWAY
Shepherds Bush Speedway was originaly a grey hound track that was coverted to a 300 yard dirt oval for motorcycle speedway, Like many other tracks of the day the track surface was of cinders, The first meeting at the Shepherds Bush Spedway was in August of 1937.
The racing was orginised by the Sydney Speedway Riders Club under the control of "World Speedways" the promotors of the Sydney Showgrounds Speedway at the time.
It is beleived that only about ten daylight meetings were ever held at the venue.
(Editorials John Campbell)
1937 SHEPHERDS BUSH SPEEDWAY PROGRAMME
2009 SHEPHERDS BUSH SPEEDWAY LOCATION
The Speedway track was within the Botany and Gardeners Road area and is now an industrial area.