1906 BROOKLANDS TRACK
The Brooklands Track was built in 1906 by Hugh Fortescue Locke Smith in Surrey, England on his Brooklands Estate, The original intension of the track was for the British car builders of the day to have someware for them to test there cars, because at the time english roads had a 20mph speed limit.
1906 BROOKLANDS THE CONSTRUCTION
Work commenced on the track in the winter season of 1906 and was completed and opened for racing on the 17th of June 1907, the earth works carried out to build the complex was massive, 350,000 cubic yards of earth was shifted, 30 acres of woodlands was cleared and the Wey River was diverted in two places, 200,000 tons of concrete was laid on the steep banked track
1906 BROOKLANDS AUTOMOBILE RACING CLUB
The Brooklands Automobile Racing Club was first formed in 1906 with its president being Lord Lonsdale and the clerk of coarse was Mr E de Rodakowski, the club held office in Regent Street London and the Secretary for the entire life of the club was Mr Kenneth L Skinner, The club was disbanded in 1940.
1907 BROOKLANDS OPENS
Brooklands opened on the 6th of July 1907, in excess of twenty different makes of car were entered to race for the five thousand pounds prize money, The winner of the first race was H C Tryon in a Napier.