Lost Dirt Tracks facebook feature
1946 - SUICIDE BOWL
With the resumption of racing after World War two, a piece of land that was once an old quarry by an airport was leased and a 1/4 mile dirt track was built.
Originally jalopies and some special midget events were run at the track, Through the tracks life it went through a bunch of promoters.
As time went on, the schedule got more mixed with Midgets, Hot Rods and Stock Cars, Through the start of the 1950's a number of spectators had been hurt by flying debris, It was believed that some fans may have been scared off due to this and lower turn outs were effecting the track.
More changes were made over the management of the track, but with increasing competition from other tracks, they were forced to sell up in 1956, Soon after, with the construction of the Lake Waco Dam the track was completely flooded over.