1951 - STRATHFIELD AIRFIELD CIRCUIT
After the end of World War 2, The Queensland Motor Sporting Club established drag racing and circuit racing running up and down the disused sealed airstrip.
In 1953 the Southern loop was introduced to make the circuit 1.4 miles in length, the loop was initially unsealed. but sealed two years later.
The circuit closed in 1960 as the new Lakeside venue was about to open.
Published 25th February 1951