1927 PRATTEN PARK SPEEDWAY
In about 1927 motorcycle speedway racing started on the cycle track that was laid down around the outside of the sports oval,
By 1931 the Autodrome Speedway Ltd had successfully negotiated with the Ashfield council to hold Super Speedway meetings on Saturday nights, the first meeting would attract over 6,000 spectators, The sport would not last long in Ashfield as the council received complaints and petitions from residents complaining about the noise and the crowds as well as the late finishing times.
Eventually in 1931 Autodrome Speedway would go into liquidation and the speedway closed.
At this point cycle racing would continue at the venue until 1935 when a Wooden track for cycles build to International standards was laid over the top of the exsisting dirt track.