1940's - TAREE SHOWGROUNDS CIRCUIT
The Taree Motorcycle Club began in the forty's just like many other clubs, a group of motorcyle riders wanted someware to race off the public roads, there first track was built at the back of the local showgrounds, this track was used up untill the fiftys when the club shifted its attension to the Seaside Circuit.
1952 - SEASIDE CIRCUIT
In 1952 the club received permission to build a circuit around the outside of the Aerodrome at Old Bar, the track started as a 1 1/2 mile circuit, but proved to be be too long for some of the older bikes, so the circuit was shortened, firstly to 1/2 mile and then to a 1/4 mile.
Around 1959 permission to race at the Aerodrome was withdrawn, so the club decided to buy there own land and build a phurpose built short circuit track, that being the Roadside track.