1948 - CAIRNS MOTORCYCLE CLUB
When World War 11 ceased speedway's fired up all over the world, Cairns was no exception and the Cairns Motorcycle Club acquired a lease enabling them to run Speedway events at the showgrounds.
Situated within Parramatta Park, (also known as Tanner Park) they had a successful first meeting on the 24th of September 1948.
The meeting attracted competitors from Cairns and Townsville, this meeting would pull in around seven thousand spectators.
The club operated firstly from 1948 to 1963 when it closed, reopening for meetings in 1968 and 1993.
(editorial Tony Webb)
1949 - CAIRNS SHOWGROUND SPEEDWAY
16th & 18th April 1949
1951 - PARRAMATTA PARK SPEEDWAY
26th October 1951
2002 - CAIRNS SHOWGROUND SPEEDWAY LOCATION
Tony Webb a very well respected historian has described the location of Cairns Showground Speedway as within the grounds of Parramatta Park, Press releases of the period describe Speedway racing at the Cairns Showground.