WEST YORKSHIRE (GB)
1929 HALIFAX CRICKET CLUB
Motorcycle racing began in Yorkshire in 1929 when racing was held on the Halifax Cricket Club Grounds
1938 THRUM HALL
After the cricket grounds, Speedway racing was shifted to Thrum Hall in 1938, speedway racing continued at the venue until 1949.
1948 HALIFAX NOMADS
The Halifax Nomads were a solo speedway team that opperated from Thrum Hall in 1948.
2009 THRUM HALL LOCATION
(Hover over photo and click play 2 images)
1949 THE SHAY
Speedway racing commenced at the Shay in April of 1949 and lasted until Autumn of 1951 when the speedway closed only to be revived again in 1965 and run right through until 1986 when racing was moved to Bradford's Odsal Stadium.
1949 HALIFAX DUKES
The Halifax Dukes were a solo speedway team that opperated from the Shay Grounds from 1949 until 1951 and then again from 1965 until 1985.