1953 LONGFORD GRAND PRIX TRACK
Situated 14 miles south of Launceston and run by the Longford Motor Racing Association the Longford Grand Prix circuit was 4.4 miles in length and ran in a clockwise direction.
The first race meeting held at the track was in 1953, Two Australian Grand Prix's were also held in 1959 and 1965.
The Street circuit hosted rounds of the Tasman series from 1964 to 1968, also a one and only round of the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1962, The Australian tourist trophy was also held at the circuit in 1960, 1964 and 1966.
Australian Drivers Championship rounds were held at the circuit yearly from 1958 until 1965.
The Street circuit closed for the final time in 1968 after the running of the 1968 Tasman Series meeting.
2004 LONGFORD GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT LOCATION
Only small sections of the original track remain, one of these sections is still used today for motorsport, that being the main straight to the North of the circuit, this section is used for flying one mile time trial events, this yearly event known as the Longford revival is put on by Octagon the same group that puts on the Targa Tasmania tarmac rally each year. Featuring are many classic and historic touring cars, drivers such as Dick Johnston have attended to put on a show in the True Blue XD, Jim Richards in the HDT A9X Torana and John Bowe in Peter Brocks Stingray Corvette that he raced at Goodwood.